Friday, June 29, 2007

A listing of RIse and Walk Reviews

Hey there Zombie fans. I have been working on my website in between writing and thought I would post my collection of reviews for Rise and Walk. The book is doing well and I will be a guest a the SiliCon convention in San Jose this October. I will have more information on that later.

For now, here is a list of reviews.
Take Care everyone.
Gregory Solis

Review snippetts

...this book blew me away. Whoever called this a young adult book must have had a very disturbing childhood. And the paintball aspect, which looks silly from the outset, leads to some really surprising plot twists, as well as some moments that made me cringe in honest disgust...

...Gregory strikes a visceral blow with this novel, leaving you worn, breathless, and strangely agitated when you get to the final page and realize it's over. It's one of those rides that ends too soon, leaving you begging for a sequel, so you can keep up with the character's lives.
Read the entire review by Shawn Rutledge at Skullring.org.


...The book is a great novel, and terrifying in parts. I'm equally impressed with the author's use of allegories and depth in the characters. It's also changed my mind about entering any competition in the woods any time soon.

So to Gregory, my hat is off to you, just tell your zombies to leave my brains alone, and to all you zombie fans, RISE and WALK is incredible. The zombie genre would be missing an arm without it.
Read the entire review by Nathan Curtis at New World Reviews.


...Author Solis definitely has a knack for bringing the dead to life. Very detailed and descriptive writing so graphic you can almost smell the flesh rotting. I felt dirty, I could picture each and every setting, I pictured each and every character and graphically imagined each and every horrible mutilation as it happened.
Read the entire review at The Zombie Review.com


Riveting terror … fast-paced action…intense suspense makes for an entertaining, attention-grabbing horror tale. "Rise and Walk" is superbly orchestrated as it opens with a captivating first chapter, and then continues to hold the reader's attention through the rest of the story. Genuine sturdy characters give authenticity to the uncontrolled terror reigning in this small town.
Read the entire review by Pamela at POD People.


...(Solis) is very good at throwing you off the trail in regards to what you may think is going to happen. In some chapters he builds up characters that you think will become a main staple throughout the book, only to have them torn to shreds in the next. Others you think may die right away live for a while and it just simply keeps you guessing.
Read the entire review by Danny Northside at I Can Smell Your Brains.com

There is also an interview online.
Author Interview at Skullring.org

Download a free expanded 48 page PDF sample of Rise and Walk here.

Available on Amazon.com



No comments: